I’ll be continuing the theme of love for the month of February and posting about another one of my favorites as today is Friday; my puppy and making special treats for her!
This past August my husband and I adopted a purebred German Shepherd puppy from Jeff Manning (http://www.manningsbestfriend.com/), and it’s been a pretty wonderful experience overall. It has certainly had its bumps and has not been easy, but our Mia is pretty well-behaved for a puppy! She’s such a cuddle bug and we love her dearly.
Today in honor of her 1/2 birthday which we celebrated yesterday I’m sharing the recipe for the pupcakes I baked her up as a treat.
I based it off a couple of recipes I found online; omitting the ingredients I didn’t have on hand and increasing quantities of things that I did have by a small amount. I’m notoriously bad for not measuring exactly when baking treats for my pup. I tend to approximate!
- 1 heaping cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- A good-sized scoop of peanut butter (xylitol free)
- 1 individual serving cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop out portions into a greased cupcake pan.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting/eating
**I just “frosted” with more peanut butter as our Mia adores peanut butter!