Happy Hump Day!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been hankering for some cookie dough lately. As eating raw cookie dough is unsafe and could lead to food poisoning (yes even the pre-made kind from the refrigerated section of the grocery store) I’ve devised a recipe for eggless edible chocolate chip cookie dough which I’ve kindly shared below.
-3 tbsp softened butter
-3 tbsp packed brown sugar
-1 tbsp granulated white sugar
-1 tbsp milk
-6 tbsp flour
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-heaping 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cook flour in one of two ways:
- Spread flour on a baking sheet and toast it in a 350 degree preheated oven for 5-8 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and let cool 1 minute before adding to other ingredients. Caution: pan and flour will be hot!
- Pour flour into a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once halfway though the cook time. Carefully remove from microwave and let cool for 1 minute before adding to other ingredients.Caution: bowl and flour may be hot!
- In a medium-sized bowl combine butter, sugars, milk, flour, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until combined.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Eat, or cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in fridge until you’re ready to chow down!
*Consume within one day of making.
**I recommend that you cook the flour before incorporating it into the dough as there is a small risk that you may become ill from consuming raw flour. Honestly, I often don’t do this because I’m hangry and just want the cookie dough; however please know that if you make the dough using raw flour and get sick that a) I told you so and b) You did so of your own free will and choice and I am in no way liable.
***I used unsalted butter because that’s what I tend to purchase. If using salted butter you may omit the 1/4 tsp of salt.