Good Morning and happy Wednesday! I don’t know about you, but for me this week is just dragging by at a snail’s pace! To break up that monotony I thought I’d share my southern book club coleslaw recipe adapted from a couple of different ones that I found online. I’m not the best at measuring ingredients, especially for savory items, but I did my best to approximate.
- 2 bags shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 small jar miracle whip (approx 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- pinch of salt (approx 1/4 tsp)
- pinch mustard powder (approx 1/4 tsp)
This recipe is best made a few hours to one day in advance of when you plan to eat it so that the flavors have time to meld. Store covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. As with any potluck type item please don’t let it sit out too long on a buffet without being set in a bowl of ice; trust me on this one.